picture of apple The old saying “ to eat an apple going to bed, will make the doctor beg his bread” has been justified by its many health-rich properties. A member of the rose family, fossil remains have shown that apples were gathered and stored 5,000 years ago and it’s likely that they were already cultivated during the Neolithic times. Apples are excellent detoxifiers and apple juice can destroy viruses in the body.
In one recent study , Riu Hai Liu of Cornell University, has found although apples has only a small amount of vitamin C, eating 100 grams of apple provides the same amount of antioxidant activity as taking 1,500 milligrams of the same vitamin.
Benefits of Apples:
1. Apple cleans teeth and strengthens gum
2. Will make the cholesterol level lower
3. Detoxify the body and has an antiviral property
4. Apple will also prevent constipation because it helps digestion
The use :
1. For people who suffer from gout and rheumatism, eat apple regularly because it will aid healing
2. Eating 2 apples a day will reduce your cholesterol level up to 10 %
3. Drinking an apple juice, 3 times a day, is said to prevent virus from settling in the body.
4. Another benefit of apple is for those who have problem with their stomach. If you have problem with indigestion, eat apples before meals.
5. Grated apple, when mixed with live yogurt may be helpful in cases of diarrhea
2) Apples should be hard. If you can dent an apple with your finger, DO NOT BUY IT.
3) Keep your apples refrigerated. If not, it will decay fast.
4) To prevent browning, rub the cut surfaces with a mixture of lemon juice and water.
5) Canadian researchers analyzing eight popular varieties found that the old standby, Red Delicious, and an apple called Northern Spy contain more disease-fighting antioxidants in their skin and flesh than any other studied. In English this means red apples are better than other apples.